Forum Discussion

rmanning
Contributor
14 years ago

Issues with Checkpoints on Flash / Flex based site

Hi there,

I'm currently using TestComplete to perform some automated testing on one of our company's websites which is coded using both flex and flash based items.  I have enabled the flash "plugin" into the MSAA properties and this really helped the program identity text boxes and buttons, but for some reason when I map object/property/region checkpoints, the mapping WORKS when first completing/recording the checkpoint (and highlighting the item), but then when I run back the keyword test, the mapping is lost and actually points to somewhere completely different than the original mapping.

I think this *might* have something to do with the pages that are programmed in flex not being published as described here: http://www.automatedqa.com/support/viewarticle.aspx?aid=8420#Accessibility but doing so would require a lot of extra work on our end as there are tons of individual components that would require republishing.

Do you have any suggestions to problems like this that might not involve the above steps? Or does this sound like a symptom of such not being enabled?

1 Reply

• Hi Ryan,

I guess the mapping criteria used to identify the objects in question do not provide unique recognition and therefore other "similar" objects are taken randomly. I recommend that you check the problematic objects in your Name Mapping scheme and modify recognition criteria so that only a single object will match the specified property values.