Forum Discussion

Civil
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Image Repository item not present in Create Project Item.

I need to and try Image based recognition because certain elements of my application are not being identified by Object Spy. Kindly assist urgently that why I am unable to see Image repository item in Create Project Item window. Is it version dependent??

• When you create a project in TestComplete, not all objects are added all the time.  For example, I just recently created a new project in a SandBox environment and the Image Repository is not there.

If you right click on your project and select Add -> New Item, you'll be able to add the Image Repository to your project.

• What version of TestComplete are you running?  Image based testing for non-mobile applications was added in version 12.30.  So, if you are running a version prior to that and do not have the mobile module, you won't have that option.

7 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

When you create a project in TestComplete, not all objects are added all the time.  For example, I just recently created a new project in a SandBox environment and the Image Repository is not there.

If you right click on your project and select Add -> New Item, you'll be able to add the Image Repository to your project.

Civil
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response but I initially tried the same way but could not find "Image Repository" option, please suggest if you have anything else. Also is this version dependent?

Civil
        Occasional Contributor

Not able to see "Image Repository" option after right clicking on the project and then select "Add" then "New Item". Neither the option is present while creating a new project. Kindly assist and please let me know if this feature of Image Based Recognition is version dependent.