Forum Discussion

shilpawdhw
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

I am unable to access the grid using TestComplete

I am working with desktop application . Unable to access grid . I tried referring 'Working with grids in Testcomplete' But no help. Can anyone please help me with this class name is 'WGridControl$ThisGrid'. I also discussed with developers it is customised grid - TabularItem. I am able to write in grid but I want to retrieve data from it

shilpawdhw
    7 years ago

Hey Thanks all , I got the name of Grid from dev team . It is Nebula grid and with help of few articles on Test Complete I was able to resolve my query .

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Custom component classes are not going to have all the wrapper methods and properties that TestComplete puts on recognized components.  Since you already have contact with the developers, you might want to check with them and see what native properties, methods, etc., are available to you so you can write your own code and methods to interact with the grid and retrieve data.

shilpawdhw
        Occasional Contributor

Hey Thanks all , I got the name of Grid from dev team . It is Nebula grid and with help of few articles on Test Complete I was able to resolve my query .