Forum Discussion

AnushaD
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

How to write values back to excel that are generated in the web application for consecutive requests

Hello,

I am facing one complicated issue. Using TestComplete I would like to write back multiple values to excel file by processing consecutive requests without any manual intervention. For example I am reading values from excel file, after processing I will get values in the application that I need to write to excel file after successful completion of that request. In the same second, third, and so on. I will have multiple requests. I should process all. For processing these consecutive requests I am using Data loop. It is successfully processing but the generated values I am unable to write back to excel into the corresponding columns. 
Can anyone please assist on this?

Thanks.

3 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

See Excel Object which has example code for reading and writing.

For example, you can create a function to read a value at position row and column, do the process, and then write back at position row and column (based on using the same spreadsheet)

AnushaD
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Rraghavani,

I tried this way already but it didn't work for me. Need some more pre-sized code. 

Thanks.

rraghvani
        Champion Level 3

Do you want to read and write to the same cell in the spreadsheet? Are you able to provide an example of what your spreadsheet data looks like, and what values to read and what values to write? What does your data loop look like?