Forum Discussion

arkk
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

How to set the play back auto-wait timeout programatically in the script?

The current playback options auto-wait time out is set to 10 sec = 10000ms. I would like to change it grammatically in the script code . how can I access the properties and manipulate?

tried Options.run.Delay >> does not seem to support anymore.

Any help?

Many Thanks

• The code object is Options.Run.Timeout.

Also, if you don't want to globally set that value, you can adjust that time out on a per operation basis if using Keyword tests.

If you are writing script code, investigate and learn to use the various WaitNNN methods provided by TestComplete. These are almost ESSENTIAL in making sure that an application under test runs smoothly during automation.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The code object is Options.Run.Timeout.

Also, if you don't want to globally set that value, you can adjust that time out on a per operation basis if using Keyword tests.

If you are writing script code, investigate and learn to use the various WaitNNN methods provided by TestComplete. These are almost ESSENTIAL in making sure that an application under test runs smoothly during automation.

arkk
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Make sure you are using Timeout and not Delay... Timeout sets how long to wait for an object to appear... Delay sets the number of seconds between actions and commands during execution.  Not ENTIRELY the same thing.

Glad I could help!

arkk
    Occasional Contributor

This worked 

Options.Run.Delay = 50000