Forum Discussion

pankhuri
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

How to run code in OnStopTestCase section while executing the test from Keyword/Script test area?

Hi,

I am trying to do some stuff at the end of my text execution, and writing that piece of code in OnStopTestCase event handler.

But I noticed that this section is executed only when I am running my test from TestItems tab of my project.

If I want to run my test from keyword tests or script tests, the control doesn't go to OnStopTestCase section.  Do I need to do any setting for this to work? Can someone help?

Thanks,

Pankhuri

brumazz
    3 years ago

The Event Handler should not be going anywhere in future releases of TestComplete.

5 Replies

pankhuri
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you Alex for replying. 

So, for testing this event handler, do I always have to run my test from TestItems section?

For OnStopTest handler, we have a similar description but I am able to execute the code for this handler even if I run the test from Keyword/Script section.

Not sure if I am making sense, I am just wondering why it works for OnStopTest and not for OnStopTestCase.

Thanks,

Pankhuri

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

why it works for OnStopTest and not for OnStopTestCase.

Because not every test is test case.

Test is, actually, any code that has been executed either as a Test Item or just as a function.

Test case is the code that either is marked as test case in the Execution Plan tree or is surrounded by the aqTestCase.Start/Stop calls.

Read documentation for OnStopTest and OnStopTestCase for details to understand the difference between them.