Forum Discussion

Ashish2
Occasional Visitor
3 years ago
Solved

Zephyr Scale trail version - Need to see dashboard with test cases assigned to me

My company has procured trial version of Zephyr Scale for Jira software.

I am the admin for Zephyr Scale.

The requirement is that on their individual dashboards, every tester should be able see test cases assigned to him/her.

It can either be on a dashboard or in reports or any other place, but they should be able to see above data for all the projects at one place.

If I try to create a query, I am not able see Issue type ='Test', I can see other issues types such as Story, Epic, Bug, Task, but not Test.

Another question: Are the reporting and dashboard options different based on whether a project is Team managed and Company managed?

Please help.

Thanks!

• Hi,

Test cases are not issue types so you will not be able to find and report on them in the same way.  Zephyr Scale (ZS) does have reporting and this is probably what you need to use (although some reports are also available as dashboard parts).  Within the report/dashboard criteria it's possible to add projects and testers as criteria (among many other options), and you may find the Custom Filter is what you need so that you can exclude test cases that have been executed for example (that's possible using the Test Execution>Result criteria).

If you do produce a report, once you run it, copy the URL - the URL contains the criteria to enable the report to be dynamic.  That means that you can edit the URL to quickly change criteria for other purposes, e.g. the tester, sending each tester their personal URL.

I suggest playing around in there for a while and see if a set of reports or dashboards will help provide what you need.

Good luck

1 Reply

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Test cases are not issue types so you will not be able to find and report on them in the same way.  Zephyr Scale (ZS) does have reporting and this is probably what you need to use (although some reports are also available as dashboard parts).  Within the report/dashboard criteria it's possible to add projects and testers as criteria (among many other options), and you may find the Custom Filter is what you need so that you can exclude test cases that have been executed for example (that's possible using the Test Execution>Result criteria).

If you do produce a report, once you run it, copy the URL - the URL contains the criteria to enable the report to be dynamic.  That means that you can edit the URL to quickly change criteria for other purposes, e.g. the tester, sending each tester their personal URL.

I suggest playing around in there for a while and see if a set of reports or dashboards will help provide what you need.

Good luck