Forum Discussion

Raghukatta
Contributor
8 years ago

How to get control names or control ids of Objects in WinTool bar

Hi,

I am trying to automate a desktop application which is there in multiple languages.I need to click on Add button in a Tool Bar.I don't want to use Name as it will be different in different languages. When I am trying to spy the Add Button object ,test complete is able to identify till Tool bar.Inside the tool bar there are Win Buttons.How can I get Properties like Control name or Control ids of Add Button.Please find the attachment for screenshot and test complete Object spy details.

Thanks in Advance.

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What methods are available on the Toolbar? Is there something like a ClickItem or something like that?  That would be my first suggestion because, in my experience, the ClickItem can be run on either the name OR the ID.

Raghukatta
      Contributor

Thanks for your replay.There is a method for ClickItem but how can I get an Id of winbutton inside the Tool bar when Test complete is identifying up to tool bar.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

There are very few situations where I would recommend recording a test but this is one of them. It might be useful to do a quick record of the task you want to achieve and then, from that recording, pull out the specific information to use in your test.