Forum Discussion

harshad_w
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

How to find the objects that don't have unique values?

I want to map the objects from this tree view. The problem I see that their values don't seem to be reliable. See the attached screenshot. I tried the FindChild method, but it sometimes finds the sought-for object and sometimes doesn't.

var microStationFloatingHost = Aliases.OpenRoadsDesigner.HwndSource_WpfMainWindow;

var propNames = new Array ("ClrFullClassName","ChildCount"); 
var propValues = new Array ("Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadTreeView", 2);
depth = 0;
counter = 1; 
do
{
depth++;
counter++; 
var treeView = microStationFloatingHost.FindChild(propNames, propValues, 50, true); 
if(counter > 50)
{
break;
} 
}while(!treeView.Exists) 

Is there a way to deal with such dialogs? 

I have also attached a video that shows the steps I want TestComplete to do automatically.

Thanks,

• Hi,

I can think of such solutions/thoughts:

1) At the start, open the whole menu and use the txt recognition function in TestComplete to locate the corresponding item.

2) When you scan an element called 'locatePoint.dgn', in the 'childCount' property you have the appropriate number of child entities (10). Check with .find() whether it returns the correct objects.

3) When you scan an item called 'locatePoint.dgn' there is a 'Items' property -> press [...] and see what is inside. Maybe there is a list of objects ready to be read.

4) One of the simplest solutions is to navigate the tree with up and down keys and read the object name element (if it exists) and perform operations after finding the element.

5) You can also use ImageRepository in the critical case.

Let me know if you need more information.

3 Replies

Wamboo
    Community Hero

Hi,

I can think of such solutions/thoughts:

1) At the start, open the whole menu and use the txt recognition function in TestComplete to locate the corresponding item.

2) When you scan an element called 'locatePoint.dgn', in the 'childCount' property you have the appropriate number of child entities (10). Check with .find() whether it returns the correct objects.

3) When you scan an item called 'locatePoint.dgn' there is a 'Items' property -> press [...] and see what is inside. Maybe there is a list of objects ready to be read.

4) One of the simplest solutions is to navigate the tree with up and down keys and read the object name element (if it exists) and perform operations after finding the element.

5) You can also use ImageRepository in the critical case.

Let me know if you need more information.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for a lot of useful advice Community!

Hi harshad_w, did the suggestion help?  

• Hi,

Instead of childcount try the ordinalcount that is there with the element. So in your case you can find the control first which is the treeview and then use the findchild for it to search using the classname and ordinal number to go to the exact item.