Forum Discussion

rushikesh
Contributor
7 years ago

How to execute more then one script using batch file.

Hello,

I have created 4 scripts and want to execute these one after the other using batch file.

I can execute single script using batch file. Problem is if add another script after that.

Once first script gets over and second one is called, Test Execute pops message that one instance of Test Execute is running and only one can run at a time.

How to close Test Execute once first script is over ??

I know i can kill its process before executing second script. Still is there an alternative way?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Rushikesh Kadam 

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

You need to make sure that, when you run each script, you include the /exit or /e parameter in your command line.  This will make sure that TestExecute exits after each run.

However, this is cumbersome.  As shankar_r mentioned, there are better ways to execute all your test scripts.  TestItems is one, creating a framework that determine which scripts to run is another, creating a "wrapper" script that executes all four and attaching it to a single test item is another... and this is not the extent. So, rather than running each script individually in a batch, use the features of TestComplete to do what you want...