Forum Discussion

AshleyB
9 years ago
Solved

How do I save imputs for the Data Generator Wizard. I want to create multiple excel files/same info

I need to create multiple sets of unique voters.  The data generator wizard is great but then I need to set the imputs over and over again each time I need a new excel file.  Is there a way to save my imputs (ie: Name, Address, Email, Voter ID, etc) and just be able to reuse it and change how many rows I want in excel?  

For example today I need 500 unique voters, tomorrow 300, the next day 600.  Some way I wouldn't have to start from scratch each time.

Thanks! :)

• You can write a script to copy your table data from TC to Excel. Then use the DDT operation in your other scripts to only utilize the number of rows from Excel that you need. In that way you won't have to regenerate your table data each time. If you do this, be sure to create more than enough data before copying it to Excel.

1 Reply

dmiscannon
    Frequent Contributor

You can write a script to copy your table data from TC to Excel. Then use the DDT operation in your other scripts to only utilize the number of rows from Excel that you need. In that way you won't have to regenerate your table data each time. If you do this, be sure to create more than enough data before copying it to Excel.