Forum Discussion

hkaur
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

How can i run jscripts created in test complete using test execute on any other machine ?

hi

I have created project in test complete using jscript.

Now i want to run this script on a machine where test complete is not installed.

I have kept the project on that local machine but running the script using test execute throws an error everytime " File not created" and stops.

How can i make it work ?

Is there any pre requirement for that ?

Thanks

Harleen

• Then it would be helpful to know the automation code that is generating your error.  It's possible that the code is attempting to write to a file location that it does not have access to.  Please share your code.  

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It would be helpful to know more about what script you are attempting to run and how you are doing so.

You mention that you keep the project on the local machine... have you actually copied the project to your other machine, too?  Or are you running it from a network drive?  How exactly are you configured?

hkaur
      Occasional Contributor

I have copied the script on the local machine(without test complete).

Also, when i am trying to run that script using text execute on a machine where test complete is installed then it running properly without any issues.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Then it would be helpful to know the automation code that is generating your error.  It's possible that the code is attempting to write to a file location that it does not have access to.  Please share your code.