Forum Discussion

Amna_Saeed321
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Handling of Multiple Name Mapping in one project

Hi All,

I have prepared an automation suite for the product we have been working on. Now we have to deliver the same product with the gap implementation to different client. But i have observed that after implemention of the gaps, Object hierarchy is changed due to some UI Changes as per client requirement. I want to execute my same automation suite of product on new implemention instead of creating a copy of TestComplete project but facing issues with the name map file. TestComplete is not allowing me to handle the different heirarchies of same object in one Name Map file. Is there any way to handle this situation?

Thanks,
Amina

• There are two approaches you could take.

Adjusting your namemapping to use extended find where some of the heirarchy changed, this would be less maintenance in the long run and allow your tests to run on both environments. This would be the perferred approach.

The namemapping editor also has a configuration manager that would allow you to have two completely different configurations and you can set which one to use at run time.

1 Reply

cunderw
    Community Hero

There are two approaches you could take.

Adjusting your namemapping to use extended find where some of the heirarchy changed, this would be less maintenance in the long run and allow your tests to run on both environments. This would be the perferred approach.

The namemapping editor also has a configuration manager that would allow you to have two completely different configurations and you can set which one to use at run time.