Forum Discussion

mfarshad
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

HTML table comparison with CSV

Hi, 

I am trying to compare my online HTML table having number of rows with my CSV file that is in my local drive.

I just captured the table cells by using Display Object Spy and got individual cells. Now i want to import my CSV file having the same data and then compare the values in both the files.

Thanks 

4 Replies

mfarshad
    Occasional Contributor
    yes i tried this, but it is not able to find my csv file when i used it in Jscript. But i was able to download the file when i past the local drive path in my browser. My file extention is CSV, do i have to convert this file to xls. Also please tell me how to format cells in TC, i.e do i compare the online file rows and csv file rows. Thanks
    Philip_Baird
    Community Expert
    Hi CN CN, I have to admit I am a bit confused about what you are doing.

Do you have two CSV files? one that contains the data you expect and one that contains data from the HTML table?

If so, which CSV file fails to load into the CSV Driver?
    mfarshad
    Occasional Contributor
    i have one online Web Table and to open that table i have to 1- go to that URL  2 - Click on drop down to go some specific page 3 - put a specific date of form 4- Click on OK button 5- I will the get all the row on the same page, I have to scroll down the bottom to see all the rows and columns.

Now i want to take all the rows in my software, in the same formate as they appear on the web page. This is one task that i have to do. Secondly I want to import my CSV file from my local drive into my software. That CSV have same data values in rows and columns as they are in my WebTable. 

Now I want to compare my both Table i.e WebTable and CSV Table. To verify that the data in both Table are equal and if not i want to know at which row there is a data missmatch?