Aliases.browser.pageQaautoTtxrdmComSx200AngappAn.panelDivuigrid

Step playback is failing:

1. log into our test server
  2. select report from drop down menu
  3. click radio button
  4. select date range
  5. click generate report
  6. Report event page displays
  7. Event page displays - After clicking ID link to advance to next page, test is failing .  Tried adding a checkpoint but still not advancing to the next page. Screen shots attached

Aliases.browser.pageQaautoTtxrdmComSx200AngappAn.panelDivuigrid

11 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

"Test is failing" how?  Did you get an error where you didn't expect one?  Or because the next page didn't open?  What is the failure criteria?

What happens if you try these steps manually?

It would also help if we could see your test code.  

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Just as a guess.... considering the one screenshot you showed that it was waiting for an object... what this seems to suggest is an object identification problem... it's not actually clicking on the link because it can't find it.   Check your object identification (namemapping) for the link in question and see if it's correct.

cunderw
        Community Hero

To second this, it looks like you're trying to click an exact path to the link which being that data is dynamic will cause issues.

How are you getting the link you are attempting to click? In a scenario like this you would likely want to map the static parent and in then use a Find method to get the child link you are wanting to click on based on the data, search through the table. 

Also, just a tip, you appear to be using the same Chrome instance for your tests that you use for personal. I highly recommend setting up a more sterile test environment, either a VM or VDI or something. 

meesh610
      Occasional Contributor

I did get an error when I didn't expect one.  When I do the test manually, I do not get any errors.  The error comes during playback of the script when the link is clicked then ends. there is no error while recording the script.  Hope that helps! 

Thank you!

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Recording does exactly that: record.  And it records EXACTLY what you tell it to.  And any mappings created during that recording will use whatever value is available... which means that if some identifying factor of your link you're attempting to click on changes between recording and play-back, you'll get this error.

You need to investigate the mapping of the link in question, identify any dynamic property values, and either "wildcard" those parts that can be or investigate what other properties may give a more accurate identification.