Forum Discussion

siddhu
Contributor
15 years ago

Finding the address of an image stored in outlook using TestComplete

Hi

I have an image in  my outlook. How can i find where the image is stored in my computer using TestComplete.

4 Replies

• Hi Siddhardha,

As a rule, Outlook stores all information in a single database file with an internal format. These PST files are stored here:

C:\Users\<USER_ACCOUNT>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\<DATA_FILE>.pst

There is no way to retrieve an individual file from this storage.

Please explain your task in detail, and probably, I will be able to suggest you something else.
  • Hi.

My colleague send me a picture with a message(i am sending the picture as an attachement) via outlook.He asked me to locate the address of the picture where the picture is stored in the computer using TestComplete.(His intention is to locate the adddress of the picture in the computer which we sent through outlook)

I am sending the message with the picture as an attachement which is copied into a word document from the Outlook

Regards

Siddhardha

• Hi Siddhardha,

This image is not stored as an individual file on your computer. It is stored within an Outlook database which is located by the path specified in your Outlook account properties. So, if your task is to find the path of an image received as an attachment by Outlook, it is impossible to do this as the image is not stored as a usual file.