Forum Discussion

Logiv
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Find several child objects in Keyword Test

Hello,

I have an object (a login window) containing two childs (OK button, and Cancel button).
Can I test for the existance of both childs in one test? I found the FindChild function but I didn't find how to insert both test in one command.
I think I may need to use script.

Thanks.

• It's going to be two commands.  There should be an "Object Exists" operation in Keyword testing where you pass in, as the parameter, the onscreen object you want to make sure exists. 

You can also use the FindChild method in keyword tests.

But no matter how you do it, you need two commands.  You need to check for each object and then retrieve the results.  There's no single command to say "Check to see if these two buttons exist" that I know of.

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It's going to be two commands.  There should be an "Object Exists" operation in Keyword testing where you pass in, as the parameter, the onscreen object you want to make sure exists. 

You can also use the FindChild method in keyword tests.

But no matter how you do it, you need two commands.  You need to check for each object and then retrieve the results.  There's no single command to say "Check to see if these two buttons exist" that I know of.