Ask a Question

FileloadException

SOLVED
t_krish_veni
New Contributor

FileloadException

When i am trying to access dotnet dll assemblies built with runime version 2.0.50727, an exception is thrown: System.Io.Fileloadexception.  How to solve this issue? i cannot change the runtime version of file because it is supplied by trird-party
9 REPLIES 9
TanyaYatskovska
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Krishnaveni,

Which TestComplete version are you using?

BTW, on the Internet, I can see that this issue has been reported by many other users who do not use TestComplete at all. For example, you can find a discussion of the issue in the following threads: 

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

t_krish_veni
New Contributor

Hi.. Thnks for the link.....as runtime framework 4.0 was installed in my system and i was trying to load mixed mode assembly targeting older framework, the exception was thrown.i changed the runtime version Testcomplete is refering to by adding  a config file in testcomplete bin folder....and now its fine

Hi,

I came across the same issue. However I tried to create App.Config file by adding up all the supported version in the configuration and copied the file into TestComplete bin folder. But this doesn't seem to work for me.

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Santhoshkumargr,

First of all, you need to make sure that the .NET Framework version used in your assembler was installed on your computer. Please check this.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Hi Tanya,

I checked and .NET framework 2.0 is pre installed in my system.

Any help?

From reading, I get the impression that the config file should be named after the EXE or DLL.  What DLL (or EXE) are you loading, what is the config file name, and what does the config file look like?

-----
Joseph

Friends,

Here is the link to the solution. However I did not follow 100% of the post.

I created a file TestComplete.exe.config in [TestComplete]/Bin folder as mentioned in the above link. To solve my purpose the contents of the file looks like thi

<?xml version ="1.0"?>
        <configuration>
                 <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
                            <supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>
                 </startup>
        </configuration> 

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Santhosh,

I'm glad that you've found the solution 🙂

Thanks for letting us know.

---------