Forum Discussion

BTscott
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Every time I map an object, an entirely new Sys hierarchy is created in NameMapping. Please help.

Greetings,

I am trying to map some web elements, but every time a use 'Add Object...' to map an element on the web page, a new Sys tree is created for the object (ie. Sys2, Sys3, etc). I have checked and the mapping for the original Sys object is correct and I am able to move the newly mapped objects from the Sys2, Sys3 hierarchy into the original hierarchy and it will still find the object, but it is very frustrating that I have to do this for every new object that I map.

Has anyone else had this problem. I would really like to know the solution to this issue.

Thank you,

Scott

• That is rather strange.  I vaguely remember someone else having a similar problem that turned out to be a corrupted NameMapping file.  You might need to delete the existing NameMapping file from your project and create a new one.  OR...  submit this to the SmartBear support and see if they can give you a solution to repair the file.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

That is rather strange.  I vaguely remember someone else having a similar problem that turned out to be a corrupted NameMapping file.  You might need to delete the existing NameMapping file from your project and create a new one.  OR...  submit this to the SmartBear support and see if they can give you a solution to repair the file.

BTscott
      Contributor

I did as you suggested and deleted my project's NameMapping item. Then I re-created a new NameMapping item and merged with another project's NameMapping. Now I am able to successfully map objects under my one Sys object. Thank you very much for your help.