Forum Discussion

john_qa
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Easy deployment of a testing solution created in TestComplete

Hello,

I am building a testing solution in TestComplete. By testing solution I mean, a set of procedures and functions that act as a general run engine(framework) for the created scripts and are able to pass data from excel files, the handle of events(defined in Events project item), maybe some script extensions(for now these, are only functions that I intend to transform in script extensions), an issue-tracking template and some project properties.

After creating this solution I want to easily deploy it on several workstations.

Is there a easy way of doing this? Can I export some of these things(project properties, events handling)?

Thank you,

John

4 Replies

john_qa
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for your answer.

We are using TC6.5 and I haven't foud that topic in TC help!

I've found something about sharing the project between users, but that wasn't really my question.
  • Hi,

Ok, here's a quote from your first post:

After creating this solution I want to easily deploy it on several workstations.

So, this means that you want to work with your project suite from different PCs, right? If you need to have independent copies on each PC, you just need to copy the entire project suite directory there (the directory where your project suite's PJS file resides). If you need access to a single project suite copy from several machines, you can keep it in a shared network directory or use an SCC.

john_qa
    Occasional Contributor
    <<<So, this means that you want to work with your project suite from different PCs, right?>>>  WRONG!

I don't want to work with ONE project suite on different PC's, I want my solution(colection of scripts, script extensions, event handling item,  issue-tracking template, project properties, TC customizations) to be deployed on several "locations" meaning client companies, for which I will further develop TC projects, scripts and so on.

Well I guess, there isn't any easy way, and so I will describe the deployment in a manual or something like that.