Forum Discussion

amcnamara
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

'Do you want to work in shared mode?' asked every time I open project and then "Access is denied"

We are working on a test suite as a company in separate offices. We have our suite on a VPN. Everytime I have opened Test Complete in the last two weeks it says "The project suite '___' is located on a network drive. Do you want to work with it in shared mode?" There is an option of "Remember the answer for this project suite and do not ask again." but it asks every time I open my project. It forces me to recreate a new folder to even look at the suite.

Then, when the project is opening it tells me "Access is denied". I can clearly see I have access to the VPN and am using other files in this shared folder. No one else is experiencing this issue using this same project.

Because of this, any changes I make cannot be saved. I can look at the tests and other people's results, but I can't do anything with our folder. I am the only one using Windows 10, although this was working the first week I was using Windows 10. 

Anyone have any ideas or seem something similar?

• Hi,

In order to save your settings / changes, TestComplete needs write permissions to the <YourProject>.pjs.tcNET file, to the folder where the settings folder is created (by default, the root folder of test suite) and to the contents of this settings folder.

So you need to check that the account used to start TestComplete on your machine has create/modify permissions to the mentioned file and folders.

1 Reply

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

In order to save your settings / changes, TestComplete needs write permissions to the <YourProject>.pjs.tcNET file, to the folder where the settings folder is created (by default, the root folder of test suite) and to the contents of this settings folder.

So you need to check that the account used to start TestComplete on your machine has create/modify permissions to the mentioned file and folders.