Forum Discussion

sijinthomas
Contributor
2 years ago

Discovery Meassge error

How to solve the below error while triggering the pipeline.
Discovery Message : failed to list of tests from agents
while starting the vstest

Help me to solve this issue?

9 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Can you provide us with more information, such as what application are you using, what are you trying to launch, are you using remote machines, configurations etc?

sijinthomas
      Contributor

Hi,

I am using Test complete application. I want to run test cases from Azure DevOps platform.I am using a remote machine as my agent machine. I want to execute these tests in my agent machine. While I triggering the pipeline it shows the following error.

DiscoveryMessage : Failed to get a list of tests from the "C:\vsts-agent-win-x64-2.211.1\_work\r3\a\_UIAutomation\ProverisPrj\ProverisPrj\ProverisPrj.pjs" file due to the following error: Unable to open the project "C:\vsts-agent-win-x64-2.211.1\_work\r3\a\_UIAutomation\ProverisPrj\ProverisPrj\ProverisPrj.pjs": The 'C:\vsts-agent-win-x64-2.211.1\_work\r3\a\_UIAutomation\ProverisPrj\ProverisPrj\Script\Script.tcScript' file does not exist.

please help me to resolve this issue?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

The file that is missing, Script.tcScript, does that exist on the remote machine? Or in a repository? TC needs that file, as the file references other script files.

sijinthomas
      Contributor

The file Script.tcScript is available in the specified path both remote machine and repository

• Yes, everything was working correctly few days ago. Now it is showing this error.
    I don't know how to resolve this issue. The file script.tcscript is available in the agent machine's specified path.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Do you know if your TC was updated recently? If yes, then that might be the issue. Might be worth logging a support call.

• Test Complete is asked for the latest updations , but I didn't updated it.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If TC has not been updated, then it can only be your Azure DevOps that's changed. You need to look at the log files, preferably before and after when things stopped working, and figure out what's changed. 

Otherwise log a support call, and support can guide you.