Forum Discussion

sarya
Frequent Contributor
14 years ago

Difficulty in recognising some objects on right-click menus for .Net application

Hi,

I am testing a .net application .I open an xls file in the tool under testing. In the screenshot,I am creating a block in the excel file and then delete it. On the right-click menu displayed in screenshot,I need to click 'Delete Block'.The recorded script is like this but when I run it everything runs fine but somehow it does not click the option 'Delete Block' and gives an error :

"There was an attempt to perform an action at point (71, 71) which is invisible or out of the window bounds. "

function Test1()  /create and delete block

{

var burster;

var workbookView;

burster = Sys.Process("Burster");

workbookView = burster.frmSpreadsheetGear.WinFormsObject("Panel1").TableLayoutPanel1.WorkbookView;

workbookView.Click(391, 113);

workbookView.ClickR(391, 113);

workbookView.PopupMenu.Click("Convert Cell to Block");

burster.frmDefineBlock.VBObject("cmdOK").ClickButton();

workbookView.Click(684, 193);

workbookView.ClickR(469, 123);

workbookView.PopupMenu.Click("Delete Block");  //Delete the block.

}

Also if I only use this function separately to delete the block,it works fine.Everything is same ,its just that I tried deleting the block using a separate function but lines of code.

function Test2()

{

var workbookView;

workbookView = Sys.Process("Burster").frmSpreadsheetGear.WinFormsObject("Panel1").TableLayoutPanel1.WorkbookView;

workbookView.ClickR(415, 125);

workbookView.PopupMenu.Click("Delete Block");

}

Please help me with this issue ..

Thanks,

Sumedha

Test1()  /create and delete block { burster; workbookView;burster = .Process("Burster");workbookView = burster.frmSpreadsheetGear.WinFormsObject("Panel1").TableLayoutPanel1.WorkbookView;workbookView.Click(391, 113);workbookView.ClickR(391, 113);workbookView.PopupMenu.Click("Convert Cell to Block");burster.frmDefineBlock.VBObject("cmdOK").ClickButton();workbookView.Click(684, 193);workbookView.ClickR(469, 123);workbookView.PopupMenu.Click("Delete Block");  //Delete the block.}Also if I only use this function separately to delete the block,it works fine.Everything is same ,its just that I tried deleting the block using a separate function but lines of code. Test2(){ workbookView;workbookView = .Process("Burster").frmSpreadsheetGear.WinFormsObject("Panel1").TableLayoutPanel1.WorkbookView;workbookView.ClickR(415, 125);workbookView.PopupMenu.Click("Delete Block");}Please help me with this issue ..Thanks,Sumedha

13 Replies