Forum Discussion

munteanadrian88
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Counting Project Suite Items Excluding 'reset' scripts

Hi,

How can I set a temporary variable from TestComplete Variables to be able to run the same test case on multi-frame applications? (the temporary variable describes the name of the frame application). In case the test script is designed to set that temporary variable, that script is added to the total count of the Test Run (I would prefer to count only the test cases, and not also the helper scripts).

Is this possible somehow?

Best Regards,

Adrian M.

• I've used a "setup" script that has all the helper type actions in it, and then had it run as a separate project before the actual test.  If you're using Suite level variables that will work.  

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I've used a "setup" script that has all the helper type actions in it, and then had it run as a separate project before the actual test.  If you're using Suite level variables that will work.  

munteanadrian88
      New Contributor

Hi Marsha_R,

Based on your suggested solution, I've cloned my Project (once) and set a different value for the Project variable, and it seems the count of the items is fine now. If so, I will need to create n Projects for each of the frame applications separately. Is there a better approach without the need to clone the current Project n-times?

In the attached snapshot the same test case has to be run on different frame application (group folder).

Best Regards,

Adrian M.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

You can have the helper script loop through a spreadsheet with different values for the variable.  

tristaanogre probably has a better way to do it though.