Forum Discussion

marinb
Contributor
8 years ago

Copy piece of code by keeping ctrl key pressed does not work in TC11.31?

Just like in normal editors, you can copy a piece of text (or pictures in word etc) by selecting it, pressing the control key, dragging it to a location and dropping it again while keeping the ctrl key pressed.

This seem to be bugged in TC11.3. If I do this, the selected piece of text is copied twice while one occurance of it is highlighted.

If I drag 'TEXT' to the line below with the ctrl key pressed, it results in (with the purple text highlighted):

TEXTTEXT

This is a bit annoying. I use it a lot to copy long variable names or name mapping items and it worked properly in TC9.

Any way to solve it?

O/S reproduced: W7,64b & W10, 64b.

3 Replies

• Am I really the only one with this problem? It happens on all our machines...

joseph_michaud

No, I see this too.  It's OK on TestComplete 10.  Two copies result with TestComplete 11.

Workaround:  Do a CTRL/C followed by a CTRL/V to copy/paste.

marinb
        Contributor

joseph_michaud wrote:

No, I see this too.  It's OK on TestComplete 10.  Two copies result with TestComplete 11.

Workaround:  Do a CTRL/C followed by a CTRL/V to copy/paste.

Ya, but that's a bit ackward imo. Drag & drop goes so much faster. Fortunately, another work around is simply to hit the DEL key after the drag&drop, so it deletes the selected text again.

Can't be hard to fix in a TC12 though ;-)