Forum Discussion

ChristopherWels
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Convert a Script to a Keywordtest

I've recorded my actions to create a keywordtest. For this test i need alot of If-Objects. I've created a VB-Script of this keyword test,because it is much easier to put in the If-Objects to script. I have some problems with puting in If-Objects in the Workspace.

Now my script is complete and includes all if-Objects an need. But if an error occurs, e.g. an unexpected Window, it is difficult to analyse the error. TestComplete isn't able to show the concrete Item inside the script. Therefor it is much better to use the Workspace.

So how can i convert my Script back inside the workspace?

Thanks for  help :)

1 Reply

• Hi Christopher,

I have some problems with puting in If-Objects in the Workspace.

If you describe the problems you have in detail, we will try to help you solve them.

But if an error occurs, e.g. an unexpected Window, it is difficult to analyse the error. TestComplete isn't able to show the concrete Item inside the script

If you double-click a message in the test log, the Code Editor window will be opened, and the corresponding line will be highlighted. Does this not happen in your case?

So how can i convert my Script back inside the workspace?

Currently, there is no such feature. We have an appropriate suggestion in our DB, and your message has increased its rating. Thank you.