Forum Discussion

wfetherolf
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Concurrent Tasks

Installation Details: TestComplete 9.0 (Latest release) and TestExecute 9.0, Windows XP x86 and x64

I've got some virtual machines set up, that are identical except that they're running different bit depths of the operating systems.  I'm running the tests we've written against both "flavors" of the operating system.  When I run the tests sequentially, everything runs just fine (i.e.: Test A x86, Test A x64, TestB x86, TestB x64, etc).  If I try to run the tests concurrently (Test A x86 and x64, TestB x86 and x64, etc) one of the slaves exhibits some form of synchronization issue or initialization issue and the tests stop executing.  When I've got the tests configured for sequential runs, each test item in the project is one of the network suite tasks, and when the tests are configured for concurrent runs, the test items are the Network Suite jobs.  Is anyone else seeing this type of behaviour or does anyone have any ideas about how I might configure my project differently to perform the concurrent testing?

Thanks,

Will

1 Reply

marrie11
    New Contributor
    one
    of the slaves exhibits some form of synchronization issue or
    initialization issue and the tests stop executing.  When I've got the
    tests configured for sequential runs, each test item in the project is
    one of the network suite tasks, and when the tests are configured for
    concurrent runs, the test items are the Network Suite jobs.