Forum Discussion

vatbub
Contributor
9 years ago

Compare Object to a TestComplete Variable using Object checkpoint

Hi there,

I try to compare a textviews property to a TestComplete Variable and I am facing the following probs and I hope that you can help me with:

We are using Flow Layout in this part of our application and this causes TestComplete to recognize the textviews I want to compare as "NO_ID" although our developers gave them a unique id. When replaying the Test, TestComplete cannot recognize the textviews. That's why I tried to use the "Object Checkpoint" instead of the "Property Checkpoint" because it allows me to select the parent object and then to compare its child objects.

But then I only found how to compare the object properties to a constant value instead of a Variable. How can I do this?

Thanks everyone,

vatbub

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Vatbub,

Please post a bit more information so that we could better understand the case.

Let’s try to understand of why TestComplete cannot properly recognize the objects. What do you mean by “Flow Layout”? Is it possible to post the screenshot of the Object Browser when the problematic objects are visible? In this case, we could see how TestComplete identifies them.