Forum Discussion

AmulyaT
Visitor
4 years ago
Solved

Close a pop-up window in Chrome during a test

Hi,  I am running a test and I am getting the security alert pop-up window.  I am getting this window only on production site and not when recording the test locally.  I am new to TestComplete and...
    4 years ago

We use this to close unexpected windows "Leave This Page?"

The first one is is run as an event handler from event OnWebBeforeNavigate.

function Test_Complete_Test_Run_Events_OnWebBeforeNavigate(Sender, WebBrowser, URL)
    {
            // Check for the presence of the "Leave This Page?" popup

Close_Leave_Site_popup();
    }

function Close_Leave_Site_popup()
    {
            var Max_Wait_Time_ms = 500;

// Check for Edge unexpected window...
            if(Aliases.browser.Application_Main_Page.Browser_Leave_Site_popup.Leave_button.WaitProperty("Exists", true, Max_Wait_Time_ms) == true)
            {
                    Aliases.browser.Application_Main_Page.Browser_Leave_Site_popup.Leave_button.Click();
                    Log.Message("MS Edge: UNEXPECTED WINDOW closed");
            }

// Check for IE unexpected window...
            if(Aliases.browser_IE.Application_Main_Page.Browser_Confirm_popup.Leave_This_Page_button.WaitProperty("Exists", true, Max_Wait_Time_ms) == true)
            {
                    Aliases.browser_IE.Application_Main_Page.Browser_Confirm_popup.Leave_This_Page_button.Click();
                    Log.Message("IE: UNEXPECTED WINDOW closed");
            }

}

And as AmulyaT  said you can obtain the mapping by recording or spying the window and mapping it manually or using a suitable template.

We also get Java popups which we clear using a simple "close" or  refreshing the page.