Forum Discussion

glenmetz
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Chrome Keyword Test failing when Open File dialog box is displayed

I'm attempting to use TC to verify functional testing of a web-based application.  During the test, a file needs to be picked in an Open file dialog box in Chrome. TC bugs out at this point, and can't complete the execution.  Any advice on this?

• I would do a couple of things:

First, check and make sure that the object in question is mapped properly.  Pull it up in the app and then go to the name mapping and try to right-click-Highlight it.  

If the mapping is okay, then put a Delay in the test right before the line with the error and try again.  This gives the object more time to load before you access it.  

9 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

"TC bugs out" is pretty vague.  If you give us some more details - steps you took, screenshots, etc., we might be able to help.

glenmetz
      Occasional Contributor

I was about ready to run into a meeting, just wanted to get something up in case anyone had a "Here, try this" idea.

At the test step, the test fails with an

"The object does not exist.  See Additional Information for details."

Additional info tab:

An error occurred while accessing the "DblClick" method or property of the "Name" object.
      The object or one of its parent objects was not found.

Object Whose Method or Property Was Accessed

Alias:Aliases.Test_Doc_1.Name
      Name mapping item:NameMapping.Items_View.Test_Doc_1.Name

Object That Was Not Found

Alias:(undefined)
      Name mapping item:NameMapping.Items_View

Click the link above to view and configure mapping settings for the missing object.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

I would do a couple of things:

First, check and make sure that the object in question is mapped properly.  Pull it up in the app and then go to the name mapping and try to right-click-Highlight it.  

If the mapping is okay, then put a Delay in the test right before the line with the error and try again.  This gives the object more time to load before you access it.