Forum Discussion

OV
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago

Can't select an item from DevExpress.Xpf.Editors.ComboBoxEdit combobox

Hi,

I'm trying to select an item from a DevExpress.Xpf.Editors.ComboBoxEdit fropdown list/combobox.

Can anyone please give an example as I can't figure it out. Doesn't matter if the item will be selected by text or by index

Thanks,

OV

7 Replies

OV
    Frequent Contributor

Anybody????:smileyfrustrated: selecting an item from a dropdown list combobox?

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

What have you tried to date?  Screenshots of keywordtest/copy paste of code?

As it is, have you referenced this? https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/test-objects/controls/desktop/dev-express/winforms/combobox/index.html

Based upon what I see, that particular class is not natively supported by TestComplete.  This does not mean you can't work with it, just that the usual wrappers and other properties/methods that TC puts around components may not be there.  You can correct this by adding the control to the Object Mapping for your project (see above link and follow the trail there).  That is where I would start.

OV
      Frequent Contributor

Hi,

So, following the instruction in the link you’ve sent I’ve manage to add the control’s class name to the Developer Express Controls | WinForms | ComboBox group.

TC still can’t perform or work on this control the method stated at the bottom of the link - https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/test-objects/controls/desktop/dev-express/winforms/combobox/methods.html and therefor I still can’t do anything with it.

Did I miss anything? Does TC should recognize and be able to work with the control’s methos and properties the moment it is being added to the Developer Express Controls | WinForms | ComboBox group or should I do any further steps?

Thanks,

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Using object spy, can you take screenshots of the full list of properties and methods on your component?