Forum Discussion

Rakeshyadav09
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Calling function from .NET Assembly - Query

I used the Sys.Process("MyProcessName").AppDomain("AppDomainName").dotNET.namespace.class.subclass.method(parameters) method to call a function from a dll. This is working fine if the dll is not obfuscated but when the dll is obfuscated I am unable to use the function. The dll is not getting visible in the intellisense. Please note the function is a public static function so it should be accessed even after the obfuscation. Can anyone guide me to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

the function is a public static function so it should be accessed even after the obfuscation.

This depends on the obfuscator's settings. Can you double check with obfuscator's log or some assembly analysis tool that required namespace, class, subclass and method still has their original names?

Can you post here the relevant messages from the test log that are posted when test code calls the method from the obfuscated assembly?

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

the function is a public static function so it should be accessed even after the obfuscation.

This depends on the obfuscator's settings. Can you double check with obfuscator's log or some assembly analysis tool that required namespace, class, subclass and method still has their original names?

Can you post here the relevant messages from the test log that are posted when test code calls the method from the obfuscated assembly?

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you so much for offering help in this thread Alex!

Rakeshyadav09 were you able to solve this? If you weren't, please provide more info to the Community as Alex suggests.