Forum Discussion

Mojo
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

C# Script implementation of VB script.

Hi,

I am trying to write registry. I have a .vbs file which write the server registry for auto login as administrator after a reboot. I am trying to integrate it as a C# script but getting run time error from the If statement as shown below. The code inside the .vbs files is as shown below. Please help.

If WScript.Arguments.Named.Exists("elevated") = False Then
  CreateObject("Shell.Application").ShellExecute "wscript.exe", """" & WScript.ScriptFullName & """ /elevated", "", "runas", 1
  WScript.Quit
End If
Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AutoAdminLogon", "1", "REG_SZ"
Set objShell = Nothing

3 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Hi,

What kind of error did you receive?

Possible workaround - to add your script and command-line parameters in TestedApps and launch it as TestedApps.yourScriptName.Run()

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Well, the easy answer is that you are using VB syntax in a C# Script... that's not going to work well. baxatob's suggestion is a good one in that you can run the vbs as a TestedApp. However, if you want to incorporate the script as part of your testing suite, you're going to need to refactor it for the proper syntax.
      Mojo
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response. I am finding it difficult to write C# syntax for this part of Vb Script

CreateObject("Shell.Application").ShellExecute "wscript.exe", """" & WScript.ScriptFullName & """ /elevated", "", "runas", 1

Thank you.