Forum Discussion

ApplePen
Community Leader
7 years ago

Browser Object not showing the hierarchy(desktop application)

(APP :AccurioPro Flux Workstation) with Testcomplete.

On the  "Browser Object" option , the Object of the application  not showing the hierarchy.

So , When use object spy tool , cannot chose the object of this application.

please check the attachment(file a) in detail.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you.

---Steven Wang

5 Replies

ApplePen
      Community Leader

baxatobAny else modules installed except tested application?

Only the words[Open Application] mentioned in the help file.

Modules is not mentioned.

baxatob
        Community Hero

I mean, that the first thing you need is to enable support for Desktop applications testing. 

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Again,  a curious question... but your screenshot appears from August 2017...  Why the delay?

As for the "browserObject...  what language is the application written in?  Delphi? C#? VB? Java?  Depending upon the application, control type, etc., there may be different things that need to be done in order to interact with the internal objects of the application.  What licensing do you have for TestComplete?  Web? Desktop? Mobile?

Also, out of curiousity, what version of TestComplete are you running?  It's been a while since I've seen the dialog saying "TestComplete is in object selection mode".  That feels, to me, to be several versions ago.  If "Flux Workstation" is a newer piece of software written with newer technology, it's possible that the version of TC that you're running doesn't support that newer technology.

ApplePen
      Community Leader

Thank you for your reply. tristaanogre

The screenshot is created at augest by trial version 12.31.:smileyvery-happy:

Now has bought the license. I will  recheck at the latest version.