Forum Discussion

nisgupta
Valued Contributor
4 years ago

Basic authentication dialog appear again even after entering the correct username and password.

We are running several tests using Batch file and task scheduler on our VM machines where TestExecute is installed. 

All out Application require basic authentication .

I am seeing on one of the test -basic authentication dialog appear again even after entering the correct username and password. This do not happen everytime.

Any idea why it happens ?

-Nishchal

10 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

We need more clues here.

Is it always happening on the same test?

Is it always on the same VM or will that test fail on any VM?

Is it always with one username/password or for any valid combo?

Does this happen if the test is not running on a VM?

nisgupta
      Valued Contributor

1. Not all the time. It happens sometimes.

2. one thing is sure tests fail on that machine. I need to check on other VM machine whether it happen with other tests running on other VM machine.

3. only with one username/password . There is one more thing - on that VM whenever basic authentication dialog appears we saw the username and password is prefilled - not sure why those text boxes for username /password is not empty.

4. Since this issue is not reproducible . So cannot say whether it happens when running on physical machine. I am using my physical machine to develop the Testcomplete tests and ran but not able to reproduce .

Let me know if you need more information.

-Nishchal

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Having the username/password filled in automatically may be another clue.  What I would do at this point is install TestComplete on that particular VM and run the same test in Debug mode so you can step through it and watch what is happening instead of just seeing the end result.