Ask a Question

Automating GUITesting project

shilpi_agarwal
Contributor

Automating GUITesting project

Basically I can open the TestComplete project manually and run the tests.

Now we want to automate that process, so how do you do it? I want to automate the process of opening TestComplete after each build, run all the tests and send an email with the test results.

For this, following command is used-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 11\Bin\TestComplete.exe" "D:\Test\GUITesting\GUITesting.pjs" /r /p:GUITestingAutomation /e

This is working fine. But I really do not know the process of automating?

Please suggest step by step procedure.

3 REPLIES 3
Sebastian49
Occasional Contributor

Re: Automating GUITesting project

hi,

here is an article on  how to send the results via email.

I think it would be best to implement the process of saving the results and sending them as an KeywordTest.

If you use a build-script or a build-server you could extend your build with your command-line call.

Here is an overview of the TestComplete Command Line

A build-Server would have several advantages like automated build  and test execution on commits or other events, email-notifications and the test execution would not have to run locally.

Greetings

Sebastian

shilpi_agarwal
Contributor

I do not have an idea for How can we generate build? I just checked how can we can the test project from command line and through batch file..  I need to know the further steps for complete automation.. Please suggest what steps needed to perform for generating build, commited to SVN and then use of CI Server(Jenkins).

Sebastian49
Occasional Contributor

I'm sorry i haven't used Jenkis yet.

But I think this is not the ideal place on how to automate a build.

Perhaps this can help you out.

Greetings

Sebastian

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: