Forum Discussion

sarchuleta
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Anyone have experience using TC to retrieve data from Telerik RadPropertyGrid control?

TC Ver. 11 New to TC and, unfortunately, this particular control is not on the list of supported Telerik controls. Hoping someone might have experience with retrieving data from this control (in par...
    sarchuleta
    9 years ago

Hi Helen,

Thanks for your post. I don't believe your post has the exact info needed for the Telerik control I mentioned, but it did inspire me to search for other elements which might apply. As it turns out, the information I was looking for was not within a grid or table element, but within the top-level "items" field. Here's the road map I used:

• Use TC Object Spy to select the Telerik RadPropertyGrid control
    •  Switch from Basic to Advanced View
    • Within Properties tab, select Items (object)  within the .NET section (this is a Telerik.WinControls.UI.PropertyGridItemCollection class object).
    • Select Params button next to Item() field and specify desired index (e.g., 0 for first row, 1 - second row, etc.)
    • Now select the Item object for that index
    • This next screen contains all of the property information I was looking for: e.g., Category text, Label text, etc.