Forum Discussion

Lagencie
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Angular 2 Dropdown elements doesnt get selected

This is the Dropdown Element where I can select different Timezones 

This is the actual Dropdown Field, that opens, when clicking on the Element above

Now the problem is - this list is implemented with IDs so Europe has the id: TESTID_Europe and so on ... 

I mapped the Object with Select_Timezone and a project variable with default TESTID_Europe and I just change it before I select something to TESTID_Africa for example

It perfectly selects Europe / Etc / Australia / Atlantic / Indian / Pacific in the given example - but it wouldnt select Africa for example, because the element has to be right on screen ... which is a little annoying because I wouldnt be able to select Africa in this case right now.

Africa is found in the list on the Top and therefore it doesnt click the item as long as I dont scroll up.

Which wouldnt be a problem if I always know wether to scroll up or down to the item I need - but we have cases where there are 100+ Elements in this dropdown Box ... like Timezone 2 within Europe, there are hundreds of Towns that can be selected

Anyone had this problem before using angular 2 or knows how to make this work?

• Since you have the Africa choice mapped, before you attempt the click, call TESTID_Africa.scrollIntoView(true).  This will bring the desired object into view.  You can then execute your click.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Since you have the Africa choice mapped, before you attempt the click, call TESTID_Africa.scrollIntoView(true).  This will bring the desired object into view.  You can then execute your click.

Lagencie
      Frequent Contributor

nice, works with scrollintoview(ifneeded)- thanks