Forum Discussion

David91
Frequent Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

After click button in tested app run Test project

Hi,

when I run test and i click a button in the tested application, nothing will happen! But when I click myself without test on same button run all test project! (TC 14 must be turned on)

Why :(?

Thank you

• Hi,

So... The test does not click on the button and just stays doing nothing until you manually click this button. Then test proceeds as expected. Right?

If the above is correct, can you provide us with the piece of the relevant test code and information about what application you are testing, what button you are trying to click and where this button is located?

P.S. I have a feeling that https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/scripting/calling-methods-asynchrounously.html might answer your question.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you saying that when the test is running, you can't click on a button in the AUT but when it is not running you can?  This may be by design.  There's an option in TC to prevent user interaction while an automation is running.

David91
      Frequent Contributor

no no, when the test is running, i can click on button, but i click without test script (i click manual), so test project will start only when I click manual on the button in the tested application..

PS: nothing happens after clicking on button via testscript/ test run (as if button didn't work)

it's a fun problem, I don't know how to describe it 🙂

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

So... The test does not click on the button and just stays doing nothing until you manually click this button. Then test proceeds as expected. Right?

If the above is correct, can you provide us with the piece of the relevant test code and information about what application you are testing, what button you are trying to click and where this button is located?

P.S. I have a feeling that https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/scripting/calling-methods-asynchrounously.html might answer your question.