Forum Discussion

prasath_2k
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Accessing tables, grids and trees

Hi experts,

The application which I use, has a grids and tables one below the other. When I spy the object the entire table is only selected. Now how to spy individual rows and play with the objects?

say example(with reference to image1);

Current protection setting --> Thermal overload--> Trip class (and say I edit a value here)

or

Current protection setting -->Current imbalance--> Pickup(and say I set some value here)

How to access such items and play with it? Plz pour your suggestions.

Thanks

6 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

What version of TestComplete are you using?

What browser are you using?

There may be some setup steps that you are missing.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

You need to talk with your developers and ask them what controls are used in your application. Then check if those controls have some special support in TestComplete using the link provided by Marsha.

If controls are not supported by TestComplete, then you should talk to developers and ask them how this or that action over the target control can be done. As you are working with .Net WPF application, the chances are high that you will be able to access required control's native functions (check Native section of Methods tab in the Object Browser) that will do what you need.

prasath_2k
      Occasional Contributor

These are the controls used by developers to create that tabular column list. Can you suggest a method to access

Thanks 

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Go to the link that I posted earlier and there is a list of the different grids that TestComplete supports. Look for the one that you are using and you'll find examples.