Forum Discussion

farangkao
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

TestComplete 11.20.1491.7 - Missing DevExpress Support Plugin

I've installed the Test Version of TestComplete.

I tried to enable the plugin for Supporting DevExpress Components (Desktop), but under "Install Extensions..." ,

i can't find it (i see Telerik, Syncfunsion, etc.)

What do i miss?

Note: Using DevExpress 15.2.5

• 15.2 DevExpress components are not officially supported yet (or at least it is not in the documentation).  Try it anyway.

As for the plugin, that seems to be a part of the "Common" plugin group.

3 Replies

• 15.2 DevExpress components are not officially supported yet (or at least it is not in the documentation).  Try it anyway.

As for the plugin, that seems to be a part of the "Common" plugin group.

farangkao
    New Contributor

Indeed, it's "hidden" under Common (and was activated already),

And it actually works.

The reason why i tought it wouldn't work correctly, was that i didn't understand how it is suppose to work.

I tried for Example to Capture some Buttons on the Ribbon Surface (DevExpress.XtraBars.Ribbon.RibbonControl)

While it's possible to Push the Buttons (DevExpress.XtraBars.BarButtonItem), and Replay that Script,

if i try to check the Status of a Button ,the Tool to find the Object ,only allows me to select the Complete Ribbon Bar ,instead of individual Buttons.

I now figured out that i had to check the "Items" Property of the RibbonControl, set it's Index to the right value,

and i was able to gather the actual properties of the BarButtonItem i was looking for.

Maybe you should Update your article https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/68020/ , first to Update the currently supported Version (15.2 seems to work fine), and to give Examples for how to retrieve Properties of certain basic controls such as the BarButtonItem, which would help anyone who is looking into TestComplete and using DevExpress to understand how to work with those Applications.

Also it would maybe help to make some Example Scripts that work with the Samples provided by DevExpress (Demo Center) ,to give your Customers assistance :)

Just my 2 cents.  I figured it out myself, after some testing around.

Anyway, my first impression of TestComplete is very positive and we intend to use it in our company.

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

Great to hear that things are working for you now.

TestComplete installs a set of sample scripts into the <Users>\Public\Documents\TestComplete 11 Samples\ folder. Try to browse there, maybe you'll find something related to DevExpress. (I just cannot do this myself at the moment)