Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Best TestComplete's UI Scheme

Highlighted
Community Manager

The Best TestComplete's UI Scheme

Hi Testers,

As you know, TestComplete offers Code Editor’s several highlighting settings. However, we’ve got used to working with them so fast that they become very boring and irritating. Sometimes, you want to bring something new into your coding to make it fresher and more interesting. Don’t you think so? One of the ways is to set a new highlighting scheme Smiley Happy

I believe that each of you has your own coding highlighting settings that match your perception, or sensation, or maybe the weather outside Smiley Happy That’s interesting to know what highlighting schemes you are using at the moment. Let’s share them!

We can vote for them and identify the most interesting and fascinating scheme!

How to share:

That’s simple - you can do this in several clicks:

1. Export your highlighting settings and attach the created *.acnfg file to your reply. For this, click TestComplete’s Tools | Settings | Export Settings and enable several Root | Options options specified in the attached ExportSettings.png file.

2. Make a screenshot demonstrating what your Code Editor panel looks like and attach it to your reply as well.

How to apply the scheme you like:

It is as simple as the previous steps:

1. Download the *.acnfg file corresponding to the scheme you like.

2. Click TestComplete’s Tools | Settings | Import Settings and specify the file you’ve downloaded.

Don’t forget to vote for the scheme you like!

Let’s start Smiley Happy
---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
35 REPLIES 35

RE: The Best TestComplete's UI Scheme

Hello!

While working with TestComplete's editor from day to day for years, I also noted that looking at the same standard colors that are not changed from nineties is boring. Thankfully, TestComplete allows modifying the color scheme of the editor as you wish. A couple of major TestComplete versions ago I started to create alternative personal schemes and that made my everyday work more interesting and inspiring.

My current scheme is based on the new cool Visual Studio 2012 Dark theme and I am glad to share it with everyone.

Happy testing! Smiley Happy

--
Dmitry Nikolaev
Customer Care Team Lead, Testing Products

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓

Like Dmitry, I prefer dark syntax highlighting themes, because I find them easier for the eyes. Here's my take on the Wombat theme. It's a low-contrast light-on-dark scheme featuring some blue, green and red (sky blue, yellow green and light coral to be more presice Smiley Happy. Hope you like it!

I also recommend using the Consolas font instead of the default Courier New. Consolas is included in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Office 2007, Visual Studio 2010 and also comes free with PowerPoint Viewer and Office Compatibility Pack.

Helen Kosova
SmartBear Technical Writer

My theme is dark as well Smiley Happy

Smiley HappyIt looks like most of us prefer the dark theme... I'm wondering, what may this mean? Is there anybody who uses light theme? Smiley Happy

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I like some extraordinary color mixture so I always experiment with a view of the code editor so it  can either calm me down or make me anxious. Currently the color scheme is like this

Vladimir Lapidus
SmartBear Customer Care Engineer

This is a port of the popular Zenburn syntax highlighting theme.

Helen Kosova
SmartBear Technical Writer
Contributor

Hello all,

Good idea.

I share with you my scheme, a little bit more luminous.

Un sourire et ça repart
Frequent Contributor

Helen, this gradient in the gutter really tunes into the working mood Smiley Happy
Vladimir Lapidus
SmartBear Customer Care Engineer
bbi
Contributor

I'm really curious of others users settings .. please participate !
Un sourire et ça repart
Occasional Contributor

Nothing special. Default Visual Studio highlighting Smiley Happy Tried the dark scheme, but already addicted to mine.