Forum Discussion

sundararajan_gs
New Contributor
12 years ago

Testcomplete error - Cloned HASP SL secure storage detected

Hi, All.

I installed Test Complete on Virtual Machine and after starting application such ERROR message appeared:

"Cloned HASP SL secure storage detected. Error code: hasp_login, 64".

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sundararajan,

You'd better contact our Support team and provide them with the license file generated on the problematic computer. Here are the steps to generate the file:

2. Launch it.

3. Click 'Collect Information' in the 'Collect Key Status Information' tab of the utility. This will invoke the Save File dialog box in which you need to specify the file to which the utility will save the license status information.

4. In the Save File dialog box, specify any file name (say, MyLicenses.c2v) and click Save.

• Hi Tanya,

when i try to do this with the utility, it could not save the license file. it says

"Could not access HASP key!. Count not find appropriate HASP key"
  • The message "Could not access HASP key!. Count not find appropriate HASP key" is an indication that the License Manager driver is not working or not installed (or perhaps that the license store is truly missing).

Sundararajan has opened a support case and we'll pursue it there.

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Sundararajan,

Are you using a Floating User license? It looks like this error comes from your License Manager PC (the computer where the license is activated). Follow the steps on it.

• Hi Support Team,

I face this problem Currently. 

Our company have purchased Test Complet and using it fine until now. Recently We need to Change motherboard for the PC. In order to that i deactivated the existing licenses through https://my.smartbear.com/ web page. I had sucessfully deactivated licenses. 

Then i changed the motherboard (only motherboard-not HDD). This i tried to re-activate the licenses thourgh same procedure. And sucessfully Activated. I got a message stating The Licenses is sucessfully activated.But when i start the Test Complete, i get message stating "Cloned HASP SL Secure Strage Detected. Error Code: hasp_login, 64". when i check my Account i stats the license is activated. But when log though "http://localhost:1947/_int_/products.html", it stats Disabled due to Cloning.

When i want to  trouble shoot online, unfortunately the link need a valid subscription to provide solution from Smart Bear. This is very hard for customer like us who needs to contact SmartBear in presure suitation. My job is deeply troubled by this, Please help me Fix this ASAP.

Attached is my  Licenses information. Please help

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Rajesh,

The best option is to contact your Sales rep or the Sales team at sales@automatedqa.com. They will assist you with the license issue.