Marsha_R
Champion Level 3
8 years ago
New Idea

add a project viewer

I'd like to be able to open up another project and just view the tests that are in it.  Right now I have to switch projects to do that or take up another license and neither one of those are very convenient.

4 Comments

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Hrm... interesting idea... one wrinkle to it... define "tests". Are these script routines/functions? Are they Keyword tests? Are they Test Items in the Project? What is a "test" with regards to a TestComplete project? I like the idea, I think it has merit, but I think it needs to be scoped to define what will actually be displayed in the viewer.
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Open the whole project, just not edit or run it.  I want everything!  :)

Right now I have a project on my laptop that I can't get to because we are at license limit so now I have to copy it to a vm where I have a license running, then switch projects and open it up just to see if I already fixed something in the test I'm running on the vm.

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Gotcha... a project over view... show me what script units are included, what keyword tests, etc. Interpret the XML files that make up the project into something viewable. Yeah, I'm on board with that. :)
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Yes, a read-only version of the whole darn thing without using up a license.