cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to lock the Project Explorer tree when switching tabs

Option to lock the Project Explorer tree when switching tabs

When you open multiple scripts in TestComplete, the selected tab is automatically highlighted in the Project Explorer. I can see how this is useful because it shows where that script is located.

However, when I'm working with multiple scripts, I find it frustrating to lose my current selection in the Project Explorer tree when I switch tabs. We are using several levels of folders, so every time I go back to the Project Explorer, I have to scroll around or collapse folders to find what I'm looking for.

It would be nice if there was an option to disable this feature, so the Project Explorer could remain as is regardless of my tab selections. That way I would have control over which folders are expanded and where the scroll is located.

7 Comments
ml
Contributor

as the title says. if you have a long list of objects in your project explorer and multiple tabs in your workspace opened, the tree everytime expand when you´re working in another tab. its a very annoying behavior ... 

tell me if its not clear to you what i mean - i will upload screenshots.

I actually submitted my own request for this last week: https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Feature-Requests/Option-to-lock-the-Project-Explorer...

It is really annoying, right?  Every time I go to open another script, I have to collapse folders and scroll around.

ml
Contributor

Yes ist very very annoying if your project explorer list ist full.

ml
Contributor

I don´t understand why this feature request is not implemented ... its just a little change of the list type.

(merged similar requests)

Nice, I gained all the kudos! Smiley Happy

ml
Contributor

This is one of the most annoying parts in TestComplete and its 2018 now and nothing changed till now. Smiley Sad