hhowe
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Implemented

Modify auto-formatting of closing bracket and quotation marks

I've requested the option turn this off completely, but if that does not happen, I'm suggesting an improvement to the functionality:

Currently there is some logic that will remove the closing quote/bracket in certain situations, but not in one particular situation where I strongly believe it should. When I type a quote or bracket immediately preceding or following existing alpha or numeric text, I am almost always correcting something I did not code perfectly in the first place. What currently happens is I try to insert a single quote before some text that's already in place, and I get two quotes and have to remove one (once I notice it), and again when I move to the end of the existing text to add the closing quote. I am quite frequently having to delete these auto-inserted closing marks.

So, my suggestion is to not insert the closing quote/bracket when the cursor position is immediately before or immediately at the end of alpha or numeric text.

3 Comments

• Hello,

I believe that this behavior is corrected in TestComplete 12.40 that has been released this week. Could you please check this and confirm if this feature now works as you expect?

hhowe
    Occasional Contributor

YES! Thank you for implementing this change. I've been using 12.40 today and have encountered much less frustration. I've done some preliminary testing and have not found any incidents when a closing mark is inserted when I don't want it. Thanks again!

• Status changed:
    New Idea
    to
    Implemented

Hello,

I am glad to let everyone know that this feature request has been implemented.