ddang
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
7 years ago
New Idea

Modify Keyword Test Tooltip

Current Behavior: Tooltip for keyword test parameters is implemented as a "Full Name Tooltip", this makes it so that the tooltip appears over the area highlighted.

Identified Issue: For some users, it is too difficult to click the parameter for editing because of the tooltip's placement. The tooltip is directly over the area to be typed into.

Desired Behavior: Change tooltip implementation from "Full Name Tooltip" to one of the other kinds of tooltips that offset the tooltip instead of displaying it directly on top.

Kinds of tool tips here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn742443%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

1 Comment

kfazekas
    Occasional Visitor

I agree.  The tooltip gets in the way of both the Value and Description.  It can be very difficult to access the ellipsis at the end of the Value row, for editing the Parameters.  It can take a long time for the tooltip to stop displaying, in order to access the Parameters, and it sometimes takes a few tries.  A waste of time.  Same with the Description; it takes too long for the tooltip to stop displaying. I should be able to click into the Description field to edit it.  Or double-click in the Description field to edit the Description.  Double-clicking in the Description should not bring up the edit of the operation; I should be able to do that by double-clicking in the Value field.