Forum Discussion

Kate
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Stopped getting UIAObjects in Object Browser

I am testing a desktop app using UI automation.

Recently I stopped seeing elements in the Object Browser as UIAObject and started seeng them as WPFObjects.

It is not convenient for me since I see a lot of elements I do not need to see, and I cannot get to the required items as fast as before.

The developers say they did not change anything on that point.

I followed this suggestion (just moved up UIA) but that did not help.

Any recommendations?

Kate
    8 years ago

I did it.

It was there.

Actually, I solved (at least temporarily)  the problem by checking '*' in the list of accepted windows under Tools/Current project properties/Open application/UI automation.

I'm not sure if that was the issue (because I did not change any settings that could have caused it) but it works now.

3 Replies

Kate
      Contributor

I did it.

It was there.

Actually, I solved (at least temporarily)  the problem by checking '*' in the list of accepted windows under Tools/Current project properties/Open application/UI automation.

I'm not sure if that was the issue (because I did not change any settings that could have caused it) but it works now.

poffin
        Occasional Contributor

I have been experiencing this very issue. Objects get renamed in the middle of testing, from UIAObjects to WPFObjects. Kate, the fix you found has also resolved my problem. Thanks for posting your solution!