Forum Discussion

DP007
New Contributor
2 years ago

Swagger

Dear All,

Is there any way to test Swagger documentation with MTLS authentication ?

Regards,
DP

6 Replies

• Given that Mutual TLS is not supported in Swagger/OpenAPI 2.0 and OpenAPI 3.0, it is not supported currently in Swagger UI and not in the short term roadmap, this comment provides a solution in a browser environment.

A possible avenue is to add a note in the description of your OpenAPI 3.0 or 2.0 definition (i.e.: info.description), with steps on how to add your client certificate into the users' browsers.

Mutual TLS has been added as a security type  in OAS 3.1 and its support might be added in scope of OpenAPI 3.1 support  but we have no ETA at the moment.

DP007
    New Contributor
    Hi chichepo,

Thanks for the link but i have already saw that link but is there any way to test the swagger in any dev portal using mtls auth or is there any workaround for this ?

Regards,
    DP
      chichepo
      Champion Level 3

Hi DP007,

I have not seen any reactions from Smartbear about this question.
      This thread was the only statement that I knew about (Same guy on the Smartbear community here)
      I am very interrested to get a clear statement as well. 

Regards

DP007
    New Contributor

Hi chichepo 

I am also curious to get a clear statement for this.

Regards,

DP

Rache1
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello DP007 and chichepo! I have reached out about your question. I will let you know as soon as I hear something. Apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience!