Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
17 years ago

feature requests for load testing

Hello,
I was wondering if the following can somehow make it to your next release. These are load test specific.

1. We talked about have a grid for defining the load test time and thread. so for instance I can specify some time range and # threads. this way I can customize how my load test is run (requested in November, you said it will be done soon)

2. can you add an option to launch loadtestrunner.bat interactively (GUI) so that I can see the stats on the screen as the test is running. I am doing distributed load testing by using psexec (sysinternals tool) to launch multiple soapui instances across different machines so this would be helpful.

3. we talk lat time about the problems that were caused by datasource loop because the stats would not get updated and even though 'log on thread count change' was selected, it would just write 0000 to the file since the datasource still have more records to read. I don't think a solution was devised for this problem.

We have never really been able to do performance testing due to soapui limitations. Do you these changes can be made in a special build or in the next release.

Thanks

Ali

2 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

Thanks for following up on this;

1) It's on the list
    2) There is a "Launch LoadTestRunner" action on the LoadTest popup menu in the Navigator Tree, is this what you had in mind?
    3) It's on the list

sorry to keep you waiting, I'll let you know of our progress as soon as possible.

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    let me clarify #2.
    when I run a load test in GUI mode, I can see the load test stats page which updates frequently as the test is running.  I don't think the command line shows such stats or are not as friendly.

If I can see this GUI panel which launching loadtestrunner via command line, that would be great.

Hope this clears up the issue.

Thanks for incorporating #1,#3 in the next release.

What is the tentative release date for 2.0.3